JANET CARROLL RN
BSN, LMT, CLYL, CLYT, LA
"THE LAUGHTER NURSE"
RELEASING THE MAGIC
OF THE HEART
Janet Carroll has had an impressive and multi-dimensional career. Her 50+ years in nursing, 37 years in massage therapy, 10+ years in Laughter Yoga and 8+ years working with HeartMath have given her not only decades of experience in health services, but a special insight into physical, mental and emotional well-being. It was out of these insights that her passion for assisting others in healing their lives that her transformational programs, classes, and presentations were birthed.
Her broad background includes working as a nurse practitioner, educator, coordinator, consultant, public health worker and hospital staff nurse. In 2013, Janet added to her already long list of credentials, with certifications as a Laughter Yoga Leader and Instructor. And in 2019, she completed training as a Certified HeartMath Resiliency Trainer. It is her mission to provide care-giving professionals (particularly education & healthcare professionals) as well as Veterans and First Responders with the tools they need to heal from and prevent burnout/PTSD, ADD, mental, emotional & physical stress and help restore joy, resilience and the ability to live life again.
"It's time to take laughter seriously"
- Dr. Madan Kataria
Founder of Laughter Yoga
WHAT IS LAUGHTER YOGA?
Laughter Yoga is a single exercise routine that reduces physical, mental and emotional stress simultaneously. It combines Laughter with Yoga Breathing to quickly stop cortisol and release happiness hormones into the body, opening the door for functioning in the Parasympathetic Nervous System. All this happens within the first
3-5 minutes of your Laughter!
Try it! Janet's popular one-hour presentations are great for groups, businesses, schools, hospitals, churches, first responders and anyone who can
fog a mirror!
Why do Individuals and Teams Need Laughter Yoga?
1. Reduces Stress: Laughter Yoga is the fastest, easiest, most effective and most economical way to help individuals and teams reduce stress. This helps prevent burnout and absenteeism from stress related illness. Laughter Yoga helps to change your mood within minutes by releasing endorphins from the brain, allowing you to carry that feeling through your day.
2. Creates Physical Health: Laughter Yoga strengthens the immune system which not only prevents illness, but helps treat a variety of existing conditions that might be contributing to professional burnout or absenteeism.
3. Creates Emotional Well-Being: Laughter Yoga helps teams balance and manage their emotional lives. It increases positive emotions and decreases negative emotions. This benefits workplace relationships and helps people develop a work/life balance.
4. Promotes Peak Performance: Laughter and deep yoga breathing provide the brain with the oxygen necessary for function at its highest level. Practitioners will experience sharper focus, greater patience, and improved critical thinking skills.
5. Enhances Creativity: The playfulness of Laughter Yoga frees right-brained thinking, the basis of all creativity. Out of this creativity, new ideas and concepts can grow, giving your work the edge it needs to move forward.
6. Builds Team Spirit: Laughter Yoga connects people. It builds team spirit. Communication skills are enhanced and teams engage with each other in helpful mutually supportive environment.
WHAT IS HEARTMATH?
As you bring your physical, mental and emotional systems into coherent alignment, you begin to experience increased access to your heart’s intuitive guidance
Tuning into your heart’s wisdom creates a profound shift within that helps you approach situations with more emotional balance, compassion, clarity and personal confidence.
HeartMath helps you tap into the power and intelligence of your heart. Heart Coherence is a high performance and healthy state—physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually—that brings out the very best in us. “...’intentional heart focus’ has been found by the HeartMath researchers to create greater coherence in the heart in as little as one minute.”
Why do individuals and teams need HEARTMATH?
1) IT’S HEART TIME
Just as harnessing electricity changed the outer world, when we learn how to harness the true power and intelligence of the heart, everything will change about how we think and feel, and how we relate to one another. Hear how a new understanding of “heart” is emerging and is so needed during this important time in history.
2) THE INTELLIGENT HEART
The qualities of the heart have become a scientifically proven source of intelligence. New science is mapping the influence of the heart on the brain and body and how the heart communicates an amazingly wide spectrum of information from health and wellness functions to higher qualities like wisdom and compassion.
3) THE SCIENCE OF THE HEART
Learn about the physical heart’s communication and discover the power of heart coherence, an optimal state where your heart, brain and body align to create transformative outcomes.
4) QUICK COHERENCE
Learn and experience a simple, practical HeartMath technique to access your heart’s intelligence, energize your system and restore balance.
5) THE EMOTIONAL WORLD
Understanding our emotions provides a key to creating a more fulfilling life with less stress. Experience the Inner Weather Report exercise to give important insights about your everyday emotional patterns and choices.
6) ATTITUDE BREATHING
Experience a technique that will help you move from depleting emotions to renewing emotions – from old life to new life.
7) ACCESSING MORE INTUITION
Learn how to access practical intuition to help bring clarity to big or small decisions. Experience a technique for building your connection to intuitive, heart-based intelligence.
8) SOCIAL COHERENCE
There is a cultural shift moving us towards greater connection and cooperation. Learn about the science of social coherence and experience an important technique you can use for deepening your own heart connection; learn how you can contribute to creating a more heart-connected world.
9) GLOBAL COHERENCE
As a global society, we have opportunities for a significant shift in human consciousness through heart-based living. Learn what this means and how science is showing that we’re all energetically connected with each other and the Earth. Receive a summary of the techniques learned and practice suggestions for moving forward.
10) THE INNER BALANCE EXPERIENCE
An introduction to the Inner Balance and Global Coherence apps and sensor that provides real time coherence scores that you can use to train yourself to access more and more heart coherence.
"Soon after [Janet's] teachings,
the students reported using the techniques and seeing positive results in their test grades, sleep patterns, and general feelings of well being. I am most grateful and fully recommend her services."
EDUCATION PROFESSIONALS, DO YOU WANT...
Joyous and Stress-Free Classrooms
Improved Student Academic and Personal Achievements
Happier Educators, Counselors, Administrators, Students and Families