"THE LAUGHTER NURSE"
Janet Carroll has had an impressive dual career. Her 48 years in nursing and 35 years in massage therapy have given her not only decades of experience in health services, but a special insight into well being. It was out of this insight that her passion for Laughter Yoga was born.
In 2014, Janet added to her already long list of credentials with certifications as a Laughter Yoga Leader and Instructor. She has since made it her mission to provide care-giving professionals (particularly education professionals) with the tools they need to heal from and prevent burnout, restore their joy, and connect more deeply with students. Janet engages her audiences in a way that combines both her wisdom and passion, imparting fun and incredibly effective skills that can be applied immediately and continued throughout life.
"It's time to take laughter seriously"
- Dr. Madan Kataria
WHAT IS LAUGHTER YOGA?
Laughter Yoga is a single exercise routine that reduces physical, mental and emotional stress simultaneously.
It combines Laughter with Yoga Breathing to quickly stop cortisol and release happiness hormones into the body, opening the door for functioning in the Parasympathetic Nervous System. All this happens within the first 3-5 minutes of your Laughter!
Why do Individuals and Teams Need Laughter Yoga?
1. It Reduces Stress: Laughter Yoga is the fastest, easiest, most effective and most economical way to help individuals and teams reduce stress. This helps prevent burnout and absenteeism from stress related illness. Laughter Yoga helps to change your mood within minutes by releasing endorphins from the brain, allowing you to carry that feeling through your day.
2. It Creates Physical Health: Laughter Yoga strengthens the immune system which not only prevents illness, but helps treat a variety of existing conditions that might be contributing to professional burnout or absenteeism.
3. It Creates Emotional Well-Being: Laughter Yoga helps teams balance and manage their emotional lives. It increases positive emotions and decreases negative emotions. This benefits workplace relationships and helps people develop a work/life balance.
4. It Promotes Peak Performance: Laughter and deep yoga breathing provide the brain with the oxygen necessary for function at its highest level. Practitioners will experience sharper focus, greater patience, and improved critical thinking skills.
5. It Enhances Creativity: The playfulness of Laughter Yoga frees right-brained thinking, the basis of all creativity. Out of this creativity, new ideas and concepts can grow, giving your work the edge it needs to move forward.
6. It Builds Team Spirit: Laughter Yoga connects people. It builds team spirit. Communication skills are enhanced and teams engage with each other in helpful mutually supportive environment.
"Soon after [Janet's] teachings,
the students reported using the techniques and seeing positive results in their test grades, sleep patterns, and general feelings of well being. I am most grateful and fully recommend her services."
MSN, MPH, RN
Clinical Nursing Instructor
UT Health Houston
School of Nursing
EDUCATION PROFESSIONALS, DO YOU WANT...
Joyous and Stress-Free Classrooms
Improved Student Academic and Personal Achievements
Happier Educators, Counselors, Administrators, Students and Families