JANET CARROLL RN
BSN, LMT, CLYL, CLYT, LA
"THE LAUGHTER NURSE
Janet Carroll has had an impressive and multi-dimensional career. Her 50+ years in nursing, 37 years in massage therapy, 10 years in Laughter Yoga and 3 years working with HeartMath have given her not only decades of experience in health services, but a special insight into physical, mental and emotional well-being. It was out of these insights that her passion for assisting others in healing their lives that her transformational programs, classes, and presentations were birthed.
Her broad background includes working as a nurse practitioner, educator, coordinator, consultant, public health worker and hospital staff nurse. In 2013, Janet added to her already long list of credentials, with certifications as a Laughter Yoga Leader and Instructor. And in 2019, she completed training as a Certified HeartMath Resiliency Trainer. It is her mission to provide care-giving professionals (particularly education & healthcare professionals) as well as Veterans and First Responders with the tools they need to heal from and prevent burnout/PTSD, ADD, mental, emotional & physical stress and help restore joy, resilience and the ability to live life again.
"It's time to take laughter seriously"
- Dr. Madan Kataria
Founder of Laughter Yoga
WHAT IS LAUGHTER YOGA?
Laughter Yoga is a single exercise routine that reduces physical, mental and emotional stress simultaneously. It combines Laughter with Yoga Breathing to quickly stop cortisol and release happiness hormones into the body, opening the door for functioning in the Parasympathetic Nervous System. All this happens within the first
3-5 minutes of your Laughter!
Try it! Janet's popular one-hour presentations are great for groups, businesses, schools, hospitals, churches, first responders and anyone who can
fog a mirror!
Why do Individuals and Teams Need Laughter Yoga?
1. Reduces Stress: Laughter Yoga is the fastest, easiest, most effective and most economical way to help individuals and teams reduce stress. This helps prevent burnout and absenteeism from stress related illness. Laughter Yoga helps to change your mood within minutes by releasing endorphins from the brain, allowing you to carry that feeling through your day.
2. Creates Physical Health: Laughter Yoga strengthens the immune system which not only prevents illness, but helps treat a variety of existing conditions that might be contributing to professional burnout or absenteeism.
3. Creates Emotional Well-Being: Laughter Yoga helps teams balance and manage their emotional lives. It increases positive emotions and decreases negative emotions. This benefits workplace relationships and helps people develop a work/life balance.
4. Promotes Peak Performance: Laughter and deep yoga breathing provide the brain with the oxygen necessary for function at its highest level. Practitioners will experience sharper focus, greater patience, and improved critical thinking skills.
5. Enhances Creativity: The playfulness of Laughter Yoga frees right-brained thinking, the basis of all creativity. Out of this creativity, new ideas and concepts can grow, giving your work the edge it needs to move forward.
6. Builds Team Spirit: Laughter Yoga connects people. It builds team spirit. Communication skills are enhanced and teams engage with each other in helpful mutually supportive environment.
"Soon after [Janet's] teachings,
the students reported using the techniques and seeing positive results in their test grades, sleep patterns, and general feelings of well being. I am most grateful and fully recommend her services."
MSN, MPH, RN
Clinical Nursing Instructor
UT Health Houston
School of Nursing
EDUCATION PROFESSIONALS, DO YOU WANT...
Joyous and Stress-Free Classrooms
Improved Student Academic and Personal Achievements
Happier Educators, Counselors, Administrators, Students and Families